My daughter loves Nutella and I love cheesecake, so it was going to be inevitable that this cheesecake would come about. To say it went down well with my daughter might have been an understatement! Although she did have to share it with other dinner guests that night, so I know it’s going to have to be a regular request at our house. Are you a Nutella and cheesecake lover too?
Recipe inspired from Nigella Lawson and tweaked to be made in the Thermomix.
- 250g plain biscuits (eg: nice, milk arrowroot, or Marie)
- 400g Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, one batch made from EDC/BCB
- 75g butter, unsalted, cubed
- 50g hazelnut meal
- 500g cream cheese (room temp.)
- 60g icing sugar
- 50g chopped hazelnuts, to be sprinkled on top
- Grease and line a round spring form tin with baking paper.
- Place biscuits into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 10. Set aside.
- Make a batch of Hazelnut Chocolate Spread from EDC/BCB and set aside.
- Place butter and 50g Hazelnut Chocolate Spread into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 8.
Add hazelnut meal and biscuits and mix 10 sec / speed 8
NB: mixture will be a damp sandy texture.
- Pour into tin and press into base using back of a spoon or your MC.
- Place into fridge to chill.
- Place cream cheese and icing sugar into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Add remaining Hazelnut Chocolate Spread (will be approx. 350g) to cream cheese mixture and combine 10 sec / speed 10. Scrape down and repeat.
- Remove tin from fridge and pour hazelnut cream cheese mixture over the base.
- Scatter hazelnuts on top to cover and place tin into fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve straight from the fridge for best results.
If you prefer a thinner base use 200g biscuits.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.