This week we are shining our Member Spotlight on Tania Lee! Tania is a ThermoFun Club Member and shares with us her Thermomix Vietnamese Chicken Ball Recipe for the Asian or Asian Inspired Chinese New Year. This recipe sounds so delicious!!!
Here is Tania’s story about these Vietnamese Style Chicken Balls:
“This is one of my families favourite Summer time dinners and it’s made easy in the Thermomix. I’m happy about that because not only is it a quick and easy one to prepare, but it gets the kids eating lots of fresh salad and herbs…Happily! Also because it’s versatile. Good to eat hot or cold if taking to a picnic or in a lunchbox. It’s so flavoursome that you could serve it as an entree or finger food at a summer BBQ or party. We generally eat them in a DIY lettuce cup wrap. Served with cold vermicelli noodles, lots of fresh herbs like coriander, basil and mint, carrot, cucumber ribbons and a dollop of HoiSin Sauce. Also good in a baguette for lunch with lettuce and herbs.”
- 800g-1kg frozen chicken thighs
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 stick lemongrass (soft part only)
- 1 large handful fresh coriander (stems, roots & leaves)
- 1 small handful mint
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tsp cornflour (can omit)
- salt & grinds of black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place baking paper on 2 oven trays.
NB: oven trays with a small lip are preferable as the balls do lose a little moisture during baking.
- Place garlic, onion, lemongrass, coriander and mint in TM bowl and chop 4 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and repeat. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Mince 300g batches of semi frozen diced chicken 10 sec / speed 10 and place in mixing bowl along with herb mixture.
- Add fish sauce and cornflour (if using), to the mixture and combine together by hand.
- Roll into small balls roughly the size of a golf ball and then roll each ball in sugar and place on oven trays.
- Bake approx. 20 - 25 mins.
This makes a large amount.
They are great served with salad, herbs and cold vermicelli noodles.
Wrapped in a lettuce leaf or rice paper rolls.
Eaten cold in lunch boxes.
Perfect to freeze.
If you have enjoyed this thermomix vietnamese chicken ball recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.
If you have a favourite recipe to share than please contact us and you could be featured in one of our Member Spotlights! We love to share!!! 🙂