Ok this particular day the kids were no where to be found all day and then at the last minute no one but Steve and I were home for dinner! A very rare occasion in our house! So it was a matter of what do you want for dinner? Thermomix to the rescue yet again! Thermomix Thai Seasoned Chicken thighs and some steamed vegetables, while we enjoyed a glass of wine. 🙂
Cooking in the Varoma:
The trick is to layer your veggies in order of cooking times needed. Place denser vegetables like potatoes, carrots and pumpkin on the bottom layer leaving the top tray for peas, corn, broccoli and beans – ensuring that not all of the vent holes are covered. You can also put denser vegetables in the steaming basket in the TM bowl to ensure that you get more room in the Varoma for your meat.
For more tips using your Varoma Click Here
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 2 chicken thighs (or breasts) - add more if cooking for more than two)
- ThermoFun Thai Spice Blend
- assorted vegetables
- olive oil
- 1800g boiling water from kettle
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of chicken.
- Sprinkle as much as desired Thai Spice on chicken.
- Layer dense vegetables into Varoma deep dish, leaving room for steam to reach top tray.
- Place chicken onto Varoma tray.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl
- Place assembled Varoma onto TM lid.
- Cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Add softer vegetables to tray and cook 5 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Check to make sure chicken is cooked - add an extra 5 minutes if you need to - you may need to remove vegetables and place in ThermoServer if chicken is not quite done.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.