Mad Monday (first Monday of the month) is when I give you a really quick recipe that you can whip up and have on the table literally in minutes of walking in the door after a busy day!
Pour yourself a glass of wine – grab a friend for some great company and enjoy a lazy Mad Monday dinner! Peel prawns and cook in your thermomix for 4 minutes and serve with whatever salad you have on hand with some yummy seafood or tartare sauce.
It’s always annoyed me having to buy a whole jar of Tartare sauce and only using half of it and then months down the track the jar ends up in the bin when I’m cleaning out the fridge! So combining the ingredients of a few recipes and having a ‘play’ to get the taste to my liking, I eventually came up with being happy with this recipe. I like it too, because I can make it for a fraction of the cost of a jar and if I want I can halve the ingredients if I only want a small amount.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
The seafood sauce I made simply came about from not having any in my fridge!! So I jumped on the internet and many sites recommended a very basic recipe of mixing mayo and tomato sauce and a few drops of tabasco! Too easy! Especially with a thermomix and having homemade mayo and homemade tomato sauce – not a preservative or additive in sight!! 🙂
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20g olive oil
- 400g prawns, raw, peeled
- salad/bread to serve (optional)
- 250g ThermoFun Mayonnaise
- 1 gherkin
- 2 spring onions, quartered
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- handful fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp mustard, Dijon
- ½ tsp tarragon, dried
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp tabasco, or to taste
- Place chilli, garlic and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Scrape down and cook 1 min / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add prawns and cook 4 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse. Set prawns aside.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 15 sec / speed 9. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 5. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Serve with salad/bread and sauce/s of your choice
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.