It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal.
These burgers are amazing – particularly with some home made bacon jam and mayonnaise. These can be made into burgers or even small meatballs for party food and baked in oven. My daughter absolutely hates mushrooms and she had no idea they were in her burger! The lamb can be substituted for beef if you prefer.
- 300g mushrooms, chopped
- 10g olive oil
- ¾ cup flat leaf parsley, leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled and halved
- 3 tsp ThermoFun Middle Eastern Spice Blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 500g lamb mince (or beef)
- Place mushrooms and oil into TM bowl and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Remove mushrooms and place into a colander, lined with a couple of sheets of paper towel to absorb any moisture.
- Place parsley and garlic into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Add onion and chop 2 sec / speed 5.
- Add ThermoFun Middle Eastern Spice Blend, salt and pepper.
- Place another couple of paper towels on top of mushrooms and squeeze any more moisture out of mushrooms.
- Add mushrooms and mince into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / Turbo.
- Divide into burger patties and pan fry or grill on the BBQ.
MINCING MEAT: I personally use round or rump steak to mince. I cut it into chunks and remove fat and sinew. It is important to remove all sinew where possible, as it does not mince at all well. Meat is easier to mince when it is partially frozen. However it still works if you are not organised enough to have it partially frozen. I mince 250g of meat at a time. To mince the meat I press the Turbo button for 1 second twice. Depending on the consistency you like you can do it for 3 or 4 times for 1 second each.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun November 2014 and March 2015 Cook Alongs.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.