It’s Mad Monday again! The first Monday of every month where I share with you a recipe that is very quick, but also is popular and a great family meal.
Now summer is around the corner we often have hamburgers on the bbq. This is a really great hamburger mix to throw together quickly.
Make sure you make my bacon jam though to go with it! Absolutely delicious!
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 30g bread for crumbs
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 egg
- 20g (half batch) Thermofun French Onion Soup Mix
- 500g beef or chicken mince
- Place bread into TM bowl and crumb 5 sec / speed 7. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Place onion into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Set aside with breadcrumbs.
- If you are mincing your own meat do it at this point (see notes below).
- Place bread crumbs, onion, egg, french onion soup mix into TM bowl and mix 10 sec / speed 4 / Reverse.
- Divide into 4 large or 6 small burger patties and pan fry or grill on the BBQ.
- Add some bacon jam, Mayo, cheese, salad and sun dried tomatoes to your burger bun.
Mincing Meat: I personally use round or rump steak to mince. I cut it into chunks and remove fat and sinew. It is important to remove all sinew where possible, as it does not mince at all well.
Meat is easier to mince when it is partially frozen. However it still works if you are not organised enough to have it partially frozen.
I mince 250g of meat at a time.
To mince the meat press the Turbo button for 1 second twice. Depending on the consistency you like you can do it for 3 or 4 times for 1 second each.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.