This thermomix egg and bacon pie is a great fall back for when I’m tired or short on time! I have been making this recipe for about 20 years (it was literally one of the first recipes I converted) – consequently I can’t even recall where I got it from! It’s always been a popular one in our household with a lovely fresh salad. It’s even better too, to make the shortcrust pastry. The recipe for the shortcrust can be found in the Thermomix Everyday Cookbook.
This is a great lunchtime meal or if you can keep it for lunch boxes or to take to work with a side salad. You won’t be disappointed with this delicious meal!
- 2 sheets of shortcrust pastry (ready-rolled or make pastry in TM following EDC/BCB recipe)
- 6 bacon rashers, quartered
- 6 eggs
- handful fresh parsley and/or chives
- pepper and salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a pie dish
- Line pie dish with one pastry sheet, cutting off the corners that stick out and using them to fill gaps.
- Place parsley and/or chives into TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
- Trim rind off bacon and place bacon into TM bowl and chop ½ sec / Turbo. Scrape down and repeat.
- Spread bacon over pastry sheet in pie dish.
- Break eggs over the bacon and “smudge” the yolks with a fork so they spread slightly across the pie. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and parsley and/or chives.
- With a pastry brush, brush water around the edge of the pie dish so that the top layer of pastry will stick.
- Cover with 2nd pastry sheet and pinch edges into a frill or mark edges with a fork.
- Brush milk over the top of pie (this makes it turn brown) and prick the top all over with a fork.
- Bake for 10 mins / 200°C then turn oven down to 180°C for 20-25 mins.
- Remove from oven and serve with a lovely fresh salad.
Optional: add a handful of grated cheese on top of parsley.
Recipe suitable to freeze.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun September Cook Along.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.