This Orange Cake recipe was inspired by our beautiful friends Glenn & Emer, whom we have known for over 25 years!
My husband and I were very fortunate to have had a holiday in France in October 2013. While we were staying with Glenn & Emer in Dijon, Emer made us this amazing cake – I immediately said to her I need this recipe to take home as I’m sure I could just whip it up in my Thermomix in about 30 seconds! Thank you Emer! We think of you guys every time I make this with very fond memories of our week with you all in Dijon! It just goes to show that Dijon is not only known for yummy mustard! 🙂
This cake is lovely and moist without the syrup too.
- 200g raw sugar
- 300g almonds
- 2 oranges washed, unpeeled, quartered
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 30g raw sugar
- 1 orange, juice only
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a round cake tin.
- Place sugar into TM bowl and mill 3 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place almonds into TM bowl and mill 15 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place oranges (leaving skin ON) into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 8.
- Add eggs, sugar, almond meal and baking powder and mix 20 sec / speed 4.
Pour into cake tin and bake 60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
NB: cover with foil after 40 mins to prevent it browning too much on top.
- Place sugar and juice into TM bowl and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 2.
- Use a skewer to gently poke small holes in top of cake. Pour syrup over cake and allow syrup to soak a few minutes before serving.
Recipe adpated from taste.com.au
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.