We all originally bought our Thermomix machines to make yummy, quick, simple food amazing!
Then people started posting about making non food items. Could it be true?! Yep! 🙂
The Thermomix is an amazing machine for creating all different types of food, but it’s also great for creating products we use everyday that no longer have nasty chemicals!
A great example of this is a recent post on our ThermoFun Club Facebook Group from Corinna.
Here is what Corinna had to say about using the Lemon Cleaning Concentrate:
“I find because there are no chemicals I don’t have as many dermatitis flare ups. This cleaning concentrate has a pleasant smell too. If I have any cooked on food stuck to the base of the TM bowl I add a tbsp of concentrate and cover blades with water cook for 5mins and comes up clean.. no scrubbing!!! YAH!! and it’s something that I use everywhere in my house from kitchen, laundry to bathroom etc”
BENEFITS & USES
• Smells great
• Easy to make
• Use on a damp cloth to clean the oven, hob, fridge, sink & non-wood worktops – rinse and dry thoroughly – if marks appear rinse again and polish with a dry clean cloth.
• For hand-washing dishes, mix some with your usual washing up liquid for a brilliant degreaser.
• Excellent for cleaning bathrooms – tiles, toilets, sinks, mirrors.
• Add 1 tbsp to the washing machine for a cleaning boost, a pleasant natural fragrance without chemicals, and whiter whites. Add 2 Tbsp for an American-size washing machine.
• Dilute with an equal amount of coconut oil or olive oil, mix well and use as an excellent hand-wash. No chemicals, no artificial fragrances. It leaves your skin soft too.
• Use a little on a wet cloth to spot clean fabrics – it has worked to remove curry stains on cotton and poly/cotton for us. Test a hidden area of the fabric first.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high acidity and the salt combination it is NOT recommended to cook this in your Thermomix bowl.
Source - UK Thermomix http://www.ukthermomix.com/recshow.php?rec_id=87
- 400g to 500g lemons, quartered
- 300g salt (preferably fine table salt)
- 300g water
- 100g vinegar
- Place lemon (including skins and pips) in TM bowl and chop 30 sec / speed 10.
- Transfer the lemon into a pot and add salt and water and cook for 5 mins on the stove.
- Whilst stirring add the vinegar and continue cooking in the pot for another 5 mins.
- Pour lemon mixture in TM bowl and blend 1 min / speed 10.
- The mixture will resemble a lemon curd. Put into a jar or a heatproof plastic container. Allow to cool before closing the jar with a vinegar-proof lid.
- Straight away add enough water to your TM bowl to cover the blades and self-clean 20 sec / speed 8 then rinse and dry.
If you’ve made this cleaner or something similar, why not share your experience and recipe (if not copyright) below. We could all use a little less chemicals in our home! 🙂