Every now and again I get loaded with fresh herbs, more than we can normally eat before they need to go into the compost bin. This is where the Thermomix freezing herbs comes into play. It is very simple:
- Place herbs in your Thermomix bowl
- Add a small amount of water
- Chop herbs 10 sec / speed 10
- Place in greaseproof paper lined tray or ice cube containers
- Place tray or ice cube containers in freezer
- When set take the tray out and slice the herbs into squares and place in labelled zip lock bags, or if using ice cube containers place herb ice cubes into zip lock bags.
Here are some photos of coriander, parsley and coriander roots I’ve done. Many don’t know that coriander roots have so much flavour!
If you have a way to freeze any of your herbs that hasn’t been shown here please leave a comment below.
For more great tips and recipes on using your thermomix join our free monthly newsletter here: ThermoFun Newsletter Subscription.
Click Here for many great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.