When you start with your Thermomix, cooking Spaghetti Bolognese is very popular.
I have demonstrated with store bought mince here, as most new owners have some store bought mince in the freezer.
I do encourage you though to mince your own meat as that way we have total control of what goes in it.
- 500g mince
- choice of spices
- 600g boiling water from kettle
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place mince and choice of spices into simmering basket and insert into bowl.
- Cook 10 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Break up mince in basket with aid of spatula.
- Cook for a further 10 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- With aid of Thermomix spatula remove basket to avoid being burnt.
- Empty water or keep as beef stock base.
How to Mince your own Meat:
Cut meat (rump or round steak recommended) into cubes (2cm approx.) and remove fat and sinew. It is important to remove all sinew where possible, as it does not mince well.
Meat is easier to mince when it is partially frozen. However it still works if you are not organised enough to have it partially frozen.
To mince: place approx. 250-300g of cubed meat into TM bowl
Press the Turbo button for 1 second twice. Depending on the consistency you like you can do it for 3 or 4 times for 1 second each.
NB: mince will continue to break down whilst it is cooking.