This has been a family favourite for over 20 years. Pre-Thermomix days it was a ‘go to’ quick and tasty meal, now it’s even quicker and still just as tasty.
Recipe inspired and tweaked from a Women’s Weekly cookbook to be made in the Thermomix.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 1 lemon, rind + 2 tsp juice
- 100g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 30g plain flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 300g milk
- 100g small macaroni
- 425g can tuna, drained
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 45g packet potato crisps
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a casserole dish or individual ramekins.
- Place lemon rind into TM bowl and zest 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add cheese and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside with lemon zest.
- Place onion and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add flour and mustard and cook 30 sec / 100°C / speed 1.
- Add milk and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 1.
- Add macaroni and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add tuna (or cooked shredded chicken) corn, lemon juice and half the cheese/zest mix and mix 30 sec / speed 2 / Reverse.
- Spread tuna mixture into casserole dish or ramekins.
- Roughly crush crisps (while still in packet) then combine with remaining cheese/zest mixture.
- Sprinkle onto tuna mixture and bake for 15 mins or until golden brown.
- To serve, garnish with parsley.
You can substitute cooked shredded chicken for tuna in this recipe.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.