These muffins are a great idea for a finger food – not only do they taste great when they are hot, they also go down well when they are cold, so they would be very suitable to put in lunch boxes. The muffins freeze well too. The tuna mornay recipe is one I’ve been making for about 20 years and I decided to turn them into muffins by adding a little more cheese, an egg and breadcrumbs.
For the Tuna Mornay recipe Click Here which is a great family meal with a crispy top.
- 150g cheese, cubed
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 10g olive oil
- 30g plain flour
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 300g milk
- 100g small macaroni
- 425g can tuna, drained
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 egg
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place onion and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add flour and mustard 30 sec / 100°C / speed 1.
- Add milk and cook 2 mins / 100°C / speed 1.
- Add macaroni and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Stir tuna, corn, lemon juice, egg and two thirds of grated cheese and mix 30 sec / speed 1 / Reverse. With aid of spatula stir to ensure all is combined.
- Spread tuna mixture into muffins tins.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs and remaining grated cheese. Then sprinkle on top of tuna mixture in muffin tins.
- Bake 15-20 mins or until muffins have set (they will harden more once cooled).
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.