Creamy Garlic Marinara – need I say anymore? This is a quick easy recipe for when you may be browsing through the aisles trying to decide what to make for dinner! You can substitute the marinara for prawns or fish if you prefer.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 50g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 400g fettuccine
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded
- 4 spring onions, quartered
- handful fresh coriander
- 15g olive oil
- 30g lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill, dried
- 1 tsp tarragon, dried
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 50g white wine
- 300g thickened cream
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 500g marinara mix
- handful almonds, roasted flaked (optional)
- Place parmesan into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 8. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine in pot on stove while making the sauce in the Thermomix.
- Place garlic, chilli, spring onions, coriander and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and saute 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add lemon juice, dill, tarragon, stock, wine, cream, cheese and flour and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1
- Add marinara (use spatula to coat with sauce) and cook 4 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse
- Pour into ThermoServer and let stand for a few minutes.
- Toss fettuccine through the creamy marinara and sprinkle with almonds if desired.
Don’t be tempted to add the marinara earlier. It will continue to keep cooking in the Thermoserver. Adding earlier will overcook it.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.