This recipe was given to me by a very close friend of mine named Leonie! Leonie and I first met when our (now 21 year old) boys started school together in Lane Cove, Sydney way back in 1998. Our two boys were the best of mates and so were Leonie and I! Leonie sadly (for me!) moved back home to New Zealand only a few years later, but over the years we have thoroughly enjoyed a few family holidays together in the Gold Coast, Cook Islands and Auckland. This recipe that Leonie gave me was a frequent meal in our lives (which broke up the monotony of jars of “Chicken Tonight” every other night!). Consequently I was very motivated to convert her lovely recipe to be made in the Thermomix! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. This really is a fantastic recipe especially if you are looking for finger food for entertaining. Or serve in the large vol au vent cases with salad or vegetables for a family meal.
- 600g boiling water from kettle
- 500g chicken thigh or breast fillets, cubed
- 400g milk
- 200g cream
- Continental Cream of Mushroom Cup of Soup - 4 pack box (total 70g) (use all 4 packs).
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Curry Blend
- Vol au Vent cases
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl.
- Place chicken into simmering basket and cook 18 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Drain liquid and keep as stock.
- Place chicken into TM bowl and mince 4 sec / speed 4 / Reverse. Set aside.
- Place milk, cream and packets of soup into TM bowl and cook 10 mins / 90°C / speed 4.
- Add curry blend and shredded chicken and with aid of spatula stir through. Cook 5 mins / 90°C / spoon soft / Reverse.
- Spoon chicken mixture into vol au vent cases and place in a moderate oven for approx. 10 mins.
The mixture freezes well. Perfect savoury finger food
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.