Ros Hansen, a very good friend and ThermoFunkies member from Perth, blew me away mid 2013 when she shared with me how it is possible to make coconut milk and coconut cream in the thermomix!
I make a lot of curries so being able to make these staples myself saves me a small fortune! There are recipes floating around that require the milk/cream to be cooked. I really like this recipe as it is literally made in minutes.
Many thanks Ros for sharing your recipe with me, so I can now share with the rest of the Thermomix world! 🙂
- 40g coconut, desiccated or shredded
- 400g water
- 100g coconut, desiccated or shredded
- 300g water
- Place coconut and water in TM bowl and mix 1 min / speed 10
- Scrape down and repeat.
- Place coconut and water in TM bowl and soak 5 mins.
- Cook 2 mins / 37°C / speed 2.
- Mix 1 min / speed 10. Scrape down and repeat.
• No need to wash TM bowl, you can continue on to make a curry etc.
• This is great to make after making a spice blend.
• Can be frozen for later use.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.