For a special treat for Fathers Day 2014, here is my gift to all Dads out there! 🙂 This recipe has been requested by so many that I just have to publish it now on my blog! This is just so quick and easy in the Thermomix. 🙂
For those that love my Clinker Rocky Road here is a cake version! When I saw a rocky road cake recipe arrive in my email – my brain nearly exploded!!… I just knew I had to do it with the ThermoFun Clinker Rocky Road, served with ice cream it is just heaven! Be warned only small portions are needed – it is very rich but oh so yummy! 🙂
For those who don’t like Clinkers or can’t get hold of them, Maltesers can be substituted.
- 200g Original Tim Tams biscuits, halved
- 180g Clinkers
- 500g chocolate melts (milk or dark)
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g mini marshmallows
- 190g Raspberry lollies, halved
- Line a 28cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place half packet of Tim Tams into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
- Repeat for other half packet. Set aside.
Place Clinkers into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
NB: you want the Clinkers to still be ‘chunky’. There may be a few that don’t cut well, you can chop in TM for 1 sec, but in my opinion if this happens I’d say just eat them!!!
- Place chocolate into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add cream and melt 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1.
- Set TM 2 mins / speed 3 / Reverse and while blades are moving, add Clinkers, marshmallows, Raspberries and Tim Tams a little at a time through hole in TM lid.
- Check all ingredients are mixed in with aid of spatula.
- Pour into prepared cake tin.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Pour a glass of milk into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 8.
- Heat milk 5 mins / 80°C / speed 4.
- Enjoy warm chocolate milk. No wasted chocolate!
* Run a knife under hot water to assist in cutting the cake.
* Keep refrigerated until serving.
* This is a very rich cake so small serves are recommended!
* Cake is suitable to freeze.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.