One of our lovely ThermoFun Club All in One Members shared a recipe with us that is a favourite of hers. Tania first saw it on www.gastromony.com but she tweaked it and added a few things to suit her taste. Many thanks Tania for sharing and I can’t wait to make them myself! ☺
This recipe makes approximately 30
- 2 Tbsp dry roasted black sesame seeds
- 200g plain flour
- 30g cacao
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 120g butter, unsalted, cubed
- 100g light moscovado sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 50g raw sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- Place sesame seeds into TM bowl and dry roast 2 mins / 100°C / speed 2.
- Mill 30 sec / speed 9.
Add flour, cacao, baking soda and mix 10 sec / speed 5. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Insert Butterfly. Add butter, sugars, salt and vanilla and mix 1 min / speed 4.
- Decrease speed to 2½ and slowly add back the dry ingredients through the lid. Mix until just combined. It will look crumbly, don't over mix.
- Divide the crumbly dough into two and form two logs approx. 3cm in diameter. Roll each firmly into a length of cling film, minimising any cracks and air pockets.
- Refrigerate min 1 hour (or few days in fridge / 1 month in freezer).
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a baking tray with paper.
- Slice rounds approx. 1cm thick with a sharp knife, pressing back together any broken off bits. Leave space between each sable on the tray and bake 10-12 mins. They will be soft and not look done. Let cool on a rack.
- Option: Gently sprinkle and press some sesame seeds on top of each sable once out of the oven.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit