It’s meals like this that help me get through the working week. It wasn’t until I got my Thermomix that I realised how versatile this recipe is!
Serve as nachos, pie fillings, tacos or in lettuce cups (when I forget to buy taco shells!)
I trust your family will enjoy this versatile recipe too!
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
I converted this recipe from an old Woolworths Fresh magazine to be made in the Thermomix.
- 5 tsp (1 batch) ThermoFun Taco Seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli, deseeded (optional)
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 20g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 800g tomatoes, can or fresh, diced
- 800g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g beef mince
- sour cream
- corn chips
- Make ThermoFun Taco Seasoning and set aside.
- Place garlic, chilli, onions and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add taco seasoning, brown sugar, tomato paste, tomatoes and red kidney beans.
- Wet and squeeze some baking paper and lay it flat onto Varoma tray ensuring not to cover all the holes. Crumble mince onto baking paper and place assembled Varoma onto TM lid and cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Pour off any fat/moisture from the mince then break up mince on Varoma tray with aid of spatula.
- Tip mince into TM bowl and coat with mixture.
- Cook a further 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Serve in bowls and top with guacamole and sour cream. The corn chips are fun for dipping!
You can halve this recipe and cook your mince in the simmering basket rather than in the Varoma.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.