These are very yummy and very moreish. However I had to laugh after my 21 year old son discovered there was carrot in the ingredients and he said “MUM – will you STOP putting vegies in sweet things!!! I much preferred it when you were doing the chocolate book”!!!!! The day before I had made a zucchini cake and had also made muffins with a squash in it! I love how we can hide vegetables when we want to – very quick and easy to disguise them thanks to our Thermomix! 🙂
- 120g apple sauce
- 130g carrot, quartered
- 65g dried apricots
- 70g rolled oats
- 45g sultanas
- 2 Tbsp coconut, desiccated
- 10g chia seeds
- 130g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 50g olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- To make apple sauce follow the recipe in the Every Day Cookbook/Basic Cookbook and set aside.
- Place carrot into TM bowl and grate 3 sec / speed 8.
- Add apricots and chop 3 sec / speed 7.
- Add oats, sultanas, coconut, chia seeds and apple sauce and mix 5 sec / speed 5 / Reverse.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and oil and mix 30 sec / speed 2 / Reverse.
- Ensure all is mixed through with aid of spatula.
- Take tablespoons full of mixture and roll into balls, place on baking trays, leaving a little room beside each one. Gently flatten each with a fork.
- Bake 20 mins or until lightly golden.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.