This is the most amazing jam and can be used with so many things. For example:
- it will turn your humble burger into a gourmet burger,
- boring sandwich fillings get a lift,
- bake it on top or in the middle of your meatloaf,
- inside your toastie with melted cheese,
- a tasty sauce to eat with your omelette,
- with your breakfast scrambled eggs,
- as part of a party charcuterie or cheese platter,
- as a finger food spread on crackers with cream cheese,
- or fill small tart or vol au vent cases,
- serve alongside roast meats,
- BBQ meat condiment,
- on top of a T-Bone steak,
- on top of baked potatoes,
- as a pizza base sauce.
If you enjoy it with something else not listed above I’d love you to tell us in the comments below. 🙂
For a vegan alternative try my Tomato Jam.
With many thanks to Tania, one of my ThermoFun Club members; and the following sites that we used to inspire us; we have created this delicious ThermoFun version of Bacon Jam. Super Kitchen Machine, Martha Stewart, ThermOMG and Chin Deep.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 300g short cut bacon quartered - trim ALL fat
- 10g olive oil
- 160g brown sugar
- 80g apple cider vinegar
- 60g maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 tsp paprika, smoked or sweet
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- Place garlic, onion, bacon and oil in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and cook 10 mins / Varoma / speed soft / Reverse.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Cook a further 10 mins / Varoma / speed soft / Reverse / MC off placing simmering basket on TM lid to prevent spatter.
- Pour into sterilised glass jars. Store in fridge (up to 2 months).
Optional additions: 1 Tbsp seeded mustard; or ½ tsp chilli flakes; or 20g dried cranberries (good served with Christmas roast meats).
I have a coffee machine so I use 2 double shots each with 25ml water. The coffee taste is not at all obvious, it just adds more depth to all the other flavours.
This also works really well using left over Christmas leg ham! 🙂
This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun November Cook Along.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.