We never used to eat a lot of fish, now I enjoy trying different flavours because it is so easy in the varoma and this was a hit with the family. The amount of fish you buy for this recipe can be altered to suit how many people you are cooking for. I like to use Ling as I find it great for steaming. This recipe was loved by many on the ThermoFun June 2014 Cook Along.
- 4 x 150 fish fillets e.g. Ling or Ocean Perch
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2x2cm fresh or 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- small handful fresh coriander
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 250g cooked brown rice
- 1 large bunch flat leaf parsley (including stalks)
- ½ small red onion, peeled
- ⅛ cup lemon juice
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Place parsley and red onion in TM bowl and chop 5 sec / speed 5. Remove and place in a salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix spring onions, ginger, soy sauce, coriander and oil. (If using fresh ginger chop in TM bowl 3 sec / speed 7).
- Line Varoma tray with baking paper (being careful not to cover the vents on sides of tray). Place fish in Varoma and generously coat fish with prepared sauce.
- Weigh 250g brown rice in simmering basket and rinse rice well.
- Pour boiling water in TM bowl and insert simmering basket with rice and cook 25 mins / Varoma / speed 4.
- Check quantity of water in TM bowl and refill if necessary. Continue to cook rice for another 10 mins while you steam the fish.
Cook fish 10 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
NB: time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Serve fish sprinkled with fresh coriander, serve with Rice & Almond Tabouli.
- Remove cooked rice from simmering basket and add to parsley and onion in salad bowl – fluff rice with a fork.
- Combine lemon juice and oil and mix through rice and parsley well.
- Toss through the almonds and serve with fish.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.