Although this is not the typical bright artificial red tandoori colour, this freshly made, very aromatic Thermomix tandoori marinade is used here with baked chicken thighs, but can easily be used to marinate a whole chicken for roasting, chicken drumsticks, or using smaller cubes of chicken and skewering them for on the BBQ. Apart from chicken, the marinade is also lovely used with skewered and BBQ’d prawns, or to marinate lamb chops or even a whole lamb roast.
The chicken thighs in this recipe can be grilled on the BBQ as an alternative. If you prefer the traditional colour of tandoori, just add a couple of drops of red food colouring to the marinade.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2cm ginger
- 1½ Tbsp ThermoFun Tandoori Spice Mix
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 20g olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 220g thick plain yoghurt
- Place garlic and ginger into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Add remaining marinade ingredients and combine 10 sec / speed 5.
- Place chicken thighs into a large bowl, add the marinade and combine well. Refrigerate for a min 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a casserole dish with baking paper.
- Place chicken in dish and cook 30 mins, turning the chicken over halfway through.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.