This recipe is a twist on a beef stroganoff with a Mexican slant! It’s really yummy and certainly a filling recipe. This would also make a great pasta bake. This recipe freezes well. I do encourage you to make my ThermoFun taco seasoning too.
This is a great recipe to learn lots of new techniques! Mince your meat, grate cheese and cook fettuccine in the Thermomix and cook mince in the simmering basket. This recipe was enjoyed by many on the July 2014, ThermoFun Cook Along.
NB: Turkey or chicken can be used instead of beef, if desired.
- 80g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 10g olive oil
- 5 tsp ThermoFun Taco Seasoning
- 400g tomatoes, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 250g cream cheese
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 400g fettuccine
- Place cheese in TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside. See Notes below
- If you are mincing your own meat, do it at this point and then set it aside. See Notes below.
- Place onion, capsicum, oil and taco seasoning in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add tomatoes.
Place mince in simmering basket and insert basket in TM bowl and cook
15 mins / 100°C / speed soft.
- Break up mince with aid of spatula and cook a further 5 mins / 100°C / speed soft.
Pour mince into TM bowl. Add cream cheese, grated cheese and mushrooms and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse. Half way through the
10 mins stir with spatula.
- Stir through parsley with aid of spatula.
- Pour stroganoff into pre-warmed ThermoServer to keep hot while fettuccine is cooking.
- Give TM bowl a very quick rinse and add boiling water and fettuccine in TM bowl.
Cook 14 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
For tips on cooking spaghetti/fettuccine in your TM Click Here
Tip: Grating Cheese:
Cheese grates better if either partially frozen or straight from the fridge.
Tip: Mincing Meat:
I personally use round or rump steak to mince. I cut it into chunks and remove fat and sinew. It is important to remove all sinew where possible, as it does not mince at all well.
Meat is easier to mince when it is partially frozen. However it still works if you are not organised enough to have it partially frozen.
I mince 250g of meat at a time.
To mince meat: *1 sec / Turbo and repeat to desired consistency.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.