This thermomix spicy tomato basil soup is perfect for when you find yourself with some sweet, ripe tomatoes. With a few more pantry ingredients you’ll have dinner on the table in 20 mins!
This recipe is shared with us from one of my lovely ThermoFun Club Members, Tania.
Tania says: “For those that don’t like it spicy just omit the cayenne pepper. While it’s cooking in the Thermomix, I usually make some grilled cheese sandwiches as a tradition to serve with our tomato soup“.
This makes a wonderful easy Sunday afternoon or night meal in front of the tv… or any time for that matter!
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 leek, quartered
- 30g olive oil
- 800g ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red capsicum, quartered
- 500g boiling water from kettle
- 1 Tbsp TM vegetable stock concentrate
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 100g cream
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- shredded basil leaves and grinds of black pepper to garnish
- Place garlic, leek and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Add tomatoes and capsicum and chop 5 sec / speed 5.
- Add water, stock, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook 18 mins / 100°C / speed 2.
Add cream and basil leaves.
WARNING: WHEN PUREEING HOT LIQUIDS FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS IN YOUR THERMOMIX INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL.
- Carefully blend 1 min, gradually increasing from speed 1 to speed 9.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.