I have been so hesitant to share a “mashed potato” recipe because it seems to be one of the biggest hit and miss recipes all over the thermomix community. So after some extensive testing in our house and in many others here is my thermomix potato garlic mash.
Now what do you do with the leftovers?
- Popped a handful of shredded cheese or shredded onion in and then mixed and then spread the mash over a lined lamington tray and popped into the freezer – once frozen take out and cut into large squares for reheating on the BBQ (gets a nice crispy crust) for when you want to not cook at all 😀
- Make some potato croquettes
- Enjoy a mashed potato sandwich with some leg ham
What are some of the ways that you have used your leftovers?
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 160g milk
- 1000g potato, 2cm cubed OR 600g potato and 400g sweet potato, cubed
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- grinds of black pepper
- Place garlic in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 8.
- Add milk and potato and cook 18 mins / 100°C / speed 2.
- Add butter, salt and pepper and mash 20 sec / speed 4.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.