One of our favourite family casual meals is a good ol’ nachos. This is really tasty using my taco seasoning and topping the nachos with guacamole, sour cream, cherry tomatoes and refried beans. This makes a very large serve so any cooked mince left over freezes very well.
- 1 batch (5 tsp) ThermoFun Taco Seasoning
- 500g beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 20g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 800g can tomatoes, diced
- 800g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- corn chips
- sour cream
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Make ThermoFun Taco Seasoning and set aside.
- If you are mincing your meat follow my mincing tips here. Set aside.
- Place garlic, chilli, onion and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add taco seasoning, brown sugar, tomato paste, tomatoes and red kidney beans.
- Using tap water, wet and squeeze out baking paper and then lay flat on the Varoma tray ensuring not to cover all the holes.
- Place mince onto baking paper and place assembled Varoma onto TM lid and cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Break up mince with aid of spatula and tip mince into TM bowl with the other ingredients. Mix mince through with aid of spatula and cook for a further 5 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse.
- Serve on a platter of corn chips and top with sour cream, guacamole and cherry tomatoes.
This recipe can be halved and the mince placed in the simmering basket instead of the Varoma.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.