The kids have run late, work deadlines pushed forward, now you’re driving home and thinking to yourself, “What are we going to have for dinner?!” Well almost like a superwoman or man, you remember you have ThermoFun Passata in the freezer and all you need is some ravioli, tortellini, in whatever filling combination you feel like.
Then home again to whip up dinner in under 10 mins! Yep just call you supermum/dad! 🙂
This recipe is more about the passata than the ravioli, but when you pair the two it really does take having a quick dinner to a whole new level! Forget the bland stir through sauce jars, make my ThermoFun Passata!
My recipe for ThermoFun Passata makes approx. 1200g. I usually use 600g in most recipes and freeze the other 600g. It is such a handy sauce to have in the freezer.
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 100g cheese, cheddar or parmesan, cubed
- 600g (½ batch) ThermoFun Passata
- 625g ravioli or tortellini (size of packet can vary and depending how many you are cooking for)
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Make or reheat ThermoFun Passata.
- While preparing passata, pre-warm ThermoServer by pouring boiling water into server and place lid on.
- Boil kettle again, once boiled, discard water in ThermoServer.
- Place empty, warmed ThermoServer on top of TM bowl and weigh in ravioli.
Place ThermoServer into black base on bench. Cover pasta with boiling water and place lid on.
NB: it is crucial for ThermoServer to be fully assembled using black base and lid to maintain temperature.
- Set a timer for time stated on ravioli packet.
- Strain ravioli and place it into ThermoServer to keep hot until required.
- To serve, pour passata over ravioli and top with cheese and parsley.
Reheating Passata: After defrosting, place contents in TM bowl and reheat 3 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse. Repeat until desired temperature.
For other recipes using my ThermoFun Passata Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.