The kids have run late, work deadlines pushed forward, now you’re driving home and thinking to yourself, “What are we going to have for dinner?!” Well almost like a superwoman or man, you remember you have ThermoFun Passata in the freezer and all you need is some ravioli, tortellini, in whatever filling combination you feel like.
Then home again to whip up dinner in under 10 mins! Yep just call you supermum/dad! 🙂
This recipe is more about the passata than the ravioli, but when you pair the two it really does take having a quick dinner to a whole new level! Forget the bland stir through sauce jars, make my ThermoFun Passata!
My recipe for ThermoFun Passata makes approx. 1200g. I usually use 600g in most recipes and freeze the other 600g. It is such a handy sauce to have in the freezer.
- 100g cheese, cheddar or parmesan, cubed
- 600g (½ batch) ThermoFun Passata
- 625g ravioli or tortellini (size of packet can vary and depending how many you are cooking for)
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place cheese in TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Make/reheat ThermoFun Passata.
- While preparing passata, pre-warm ThermoServer by pouring boiling water from kettle into server with lid on.
- Boil kettle again. Once boiled, tip first lot of water out.
- Carefully place empty ThermoServer on top of TM bowl and weigh in ravioli.
- Remove ThermoServer from top of TM bowl and place in black base on bench.
- Fill server with boiling water ensuring that water covers all ravioli.
- Leave server with lid on and let ravioli cook for approx. 6 mins (or as per packet directions).
- To serve, pour passata over cooked, drained ravioli and top with cheese and parsley.
Reheating Passata: After defrosting, place contents in TM bowl and reheat 3 mins / 100°C / speed soft / Reverse. Repeat until desired temperature.
For other recipes using my ThermoFun Passata Click Here
This recipe has been enjoyed by many on the ThermoFun Cook Along May 2015.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.