This is the most amazing curd! I was a little sceptical when I first made it as I thought 40g of fresh ginger sounded a lot. Surprisingly though it was just perfect. I’ve made it heaps of times now and am rather guilty to admit that I’ve been known to grab a spoonful when I see the jar in the fridge quite a number of times!
Try it on waffles too next time you have them.
- 40g fresh ginger, peeled and chopped into 4 pieces
- 40g water
- 40g lime juice
- 60g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- Place ginger and water into TM bowl and chop 8 sec / speed 8. Scrape down and repeat three times.
- Use a fine strainer and a spoon to push the juice through, collecting it into a small bowl. Keep the ginger pulp for next time fresh ginger is required.
- Add approx. 30g of the ginger juice, and remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec / speed 3.
- Cook 10 mins / 80°C / speed 2. Scrape down.
- Cook a further 1 min / 80°C / speed 2.
- Curd will thicken some more once refrigerated.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.