It feels like the middle of the Antarctic at the moment and I need something warm and delicious in my belly! 🙂 This thermomix lime ginger chicken fills that spot perfectly. It’s a beautiful light meal that leaves room for the most important accompaniment to any meal DESSERT! 😉 In all seriousness this is so hard to describe but it is just a beautiful meal that I think you will find a lot of the family members will be heading to the bowl for more!
I can’t remember how I came across this recipe but I do remember having something similar at a friends house one get together. I have a feeling it was someone’s birthday and we finished the meal off with this Baileys & Chocolate Mud Cake . That’s how long ago it was…. (and no I’m not going senile just because I have had a big birthday recently! 🙂 Although if you ask some of the Funkies they would disagree… lol!)
- 60g lime juice
- 50g butter
- 10g raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 20g olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- lime mixture
- 90g water
- 50g white wine
- 40g plain flour
- 30g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 1000g chicken thighs, cubed
- fresh lime, 2 thin slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice
Place lime juice, butter, sugar and eggs into TM bowl and mix 20 sec / speed 3. Cook 10 mins / 80°C / speed 2. Set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Place onion, ginger, oil and cumin into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add lime mixture, water, wine, flour and stock and mix 5 sec / speed 5 / Reverse.
- Scrape down and cook 1 min / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add chicken, lime slices, salt and pepper and cook 18 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Serve with rice.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.