This is a full flavoured korma curry paste. Your usual take out can now be prepared easily at home. Use it to make a lamb, chicken or perhaps a chickpea and vegetable korma and have them all asking for seconds!
I’ve also used a dollop added to soups like pumpkin to give a flavour boost.
You can easily freeze the paste from this or if you like it as much as I expect you will, you won’t need to freeze it because you’ll be making it again before the week is out! Plus they say a good curry is better the next day so imagine the extra boost of flavour!
For a delicious Chicken and Vegetable Curry Click Here.
- 3 tsp cumin, seeds
- 2 tsp coriander, seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4cm ginger, peeled
- 2 green chillies, halved
- 170g ThermoFun Tomato Paste
- 60g coconut, desiccated
- 60g almond meal (option can make own prior)
- 1 sm bunch coriander, stems and leaves
- 2 tsp ThermoFun Garam Masala
- 2 tsp turmeric, ground
- 2 tsp paprika, sweet, ground
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 40g olive oil
- Place cumin and coriander seeds into TM bowl and roast 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
- Grind seeds 20 sec / speed 9. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend into a paste 20 sec / speed 6. Scrape down and repeat.
- Paste can be kept refrigerated in a clean glass jar for up to 1 week. If using half the batch for a recipe, the remaining half can be frozen for use another time.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.