Our family love cheese and bacon rolls. I enjoy the bacon and cheese on top and my daughter prefers it mixed into the dough. Having this thermomix bacon and cheese roll recipe means the family gets to enjoy bacon and cheese rolls whenever we please.
I am sure that the kids will love having a go at this recipe. Especially the shaping and dressing the rolls with bacon & cheese. I am also sure they will be eyeing off “their rolls” as well after they have dressed theirs. 🙂
This recipe was popular in a Cook Along back in 2014 and was paired with Parsnip Soup which has since been popular with the Cook Alongs & the 5 For The Freezer Cook Alongs. I would suggest any soup from my website to be a hit with these rolls.
For tips on proving dough in cold weather Click Here. 🙂
Makes 13 - Bakers Dozen!
- 550g bakers flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 160g bacon, diced, divided
- 200g cheese, grated, divided
- 370g lukewarm water
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients in order (leaving aside half bacon and half cheese) into TM bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 6 then knead for 2.5 mins.
- Transfer dough onto ThermoMat or a lightly floured bench top and work into a ball. NB: the dough can be very sticky depending on the humidity in the air. To make the dough more manageable to work with (if overly sticky) add a little more flour while you are forming it into a ball. Wrap the dough in the ThermoMat and allow it to prove in a warm place for 30 mins.
- Place baking paper onto a baking tray and form rolls to the size of your choice. Sprinkle rolls with set aside bacon and cheese. Place tray into a cold oven (this gives the dough a second rise) and turn oven on at 200°.
- Bake rolls for 22 mins.
Check out the other KIDtastic recipes here: ThermoFun KIDtastic Friday Recipes
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.