Nothing beats pouring a glass of wine and sitting around waiting for dinner to be served. Oh the joys of eating out every night! However, we don’t all get the chance for that to happen, but this thermomix Italian chicken risoni is the most simplest dish BUT so packed with flavour!
I think this one is definitely one that the aspiring young master chefs would love to get involved with as well.
It’s also one of those great mid week bash up meals. You know the one that has you running around at the last second because someone said they didn’t want something else, or you forgot to take some meat out of the freezer, or some kid/family emergency happened?!
This recipe is also great if you have some left over grilled chicken that you want to have something to accompany the chicken with (I would add the risoni at step 5 and just reduce the cooking time).
Amazing too, served as a side dish or accompaniment to lamb!
- 40g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 1 Tbsp ThermoFun Italian Herb Blend
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- generous handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 red capsicum, quartered
- 20g olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- 400g tin tomatoes, diced
- 300g boiling water from kettle
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 350g risoni
- Make Italian Herb Blend and set aside.
- Place parmesan into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place garlic, basil, onion, capsicum, 1 Tbsp Italian herb blend and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add mustard, salt, pepper, chicken, tomatoes, boiling water and stock and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add risoni and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- To serve, sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every week make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.