Happy New Year to all of you that celebrate the Chinese New Year. This year it is the year of the Monkey. This means people that were born in the years of 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992 are known as quick-witted, charming, lucky, adaptable, bright, versatile, lively and smart.
What does your Chinese zodiac sign mean?
In Chinese astrology, the 12 animal zodiac signs each have unique characteristics.
- Rat: Intelligent, adaptable, quick-witted, charming, artistic, sociable.
- Ox: Loyal, reliable, thorough, strong, reasonable, steady, determined.
- Tiger: Enthusiastic, courageous, ambitious, leadership, confidence, charismatic.
- Rabbit: Trustworthy, empathic, modest, diplomatic, sincere, sociable, caretakers.
- Dragon: Lucky, flexible, eccentric, imaginative, artistic, spiritual, charismatic.
- Snake: Philosophical, organized, intelligent, intuitive, elegant, attentive, decisive.
- Horse: Adaptable, loyal, courageous, ambitious, intelligent, adventurous, strong.
- Sheep: Tasteful, crafty, warm, elegant, charming, intuitive, sensitive, calm.
- Monkey: Quick-witted, charming, lucky, adaptable, bright, versatile, lively, smart.
- Rooster: Honest, energetic, intelligent, flamboyant, flexible, diverse, confident.
- Dog: Loyal, sociable, courageous, diligent, steady, lively, adaptable, smart.
- Pig: Honorable, philanthropic, determined, optimistic, sincere, sociable.
I wonder what Chinese zodiac sign you are? I was born in the year of the horse – and no it wasn’t 1930, 1942 or 1954….
I have quite a few recipes on my site which would be most suitable to celebrate the New Year.
Chicken Unfried Rice
Asian Style Steamed Fish
Honey Lime and Ginger Chicken – Week 4, 2016 ThermoFun member recipe
Lemon Chicken – Week 34, 2015 ThermoFun member recipe
Steam Pork Dumplings
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Vegetables
Vietnamese Style Chicken Balls
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below what is your favourite ThermoFun Chinese recipe?
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.