There are times when you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel before shopping and just think to yourself what the heck am I cooking for dinner! This thermomix Ham & Mushroom Penne Carbonara is the perfect go to dish! With the simplest of ingredients you are sitting the family down to a delicious and hearty dish that fills the bellies and saves that mad dash to the shops before your next big shopping day!
With a hint of mustard and the creamy carbonara taste you won’t go wrong with this dish! It’s also a great take to work for lunch as well.
If you are low carbing you can easily make this to serve on zucchini noodles or other noodle variants.
Whatever way you want to enjoy this, you just need to make it and be prepared for it to go on regular meal rotation! 🙂
If you enjoy quick easy delicious meals then make sure you check out the selection of great recipes here: ThermoFun Mad Monday.
Click Here for a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook – 35 main meal recipes cooked in under 30 minutes! 🙂
- 350g penne
- 60g parmesan cheese, cubed
- large handful fresh parsley
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 200g ham, diced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 20g wholegrain mustard
- 300ml cream
- 150g frozen peas
- salt, to taste
- grinds of black pepper
- Cook pasta in your ThermoServer Click Here for directions.
- While pasta is cooking, continue on to make your sauce.
- Place cheese and parsley into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Place garlic, oil and onion into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add ham and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Add mushrooms, stock and mustard and sauté 3 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Add cream, peas, salt and pepper and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Combine with the drained pasta and mix in the cheese and parsley.
For more great recipes delivered to your inbox every week make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.