Winter sure is setting in ‘down-under’! 🙁 I want to believe that it won’t get much colder but in a couple of weeks we are moving from Sydney to Melbourne! What were we thinking?! Being an international food blog I do like to recognise my likers in the Northern Hemisphere so this recipe is especially for you guys in the middle of your summer! 🙂 BUT I think that this thermomix greek orzo salad is a perfect accompaniment to any protein. Over the last couple of weeks Steve and I have enjoyed this salad with leftover Herbie the “roast” chook for lunch while the kids have taken it for lunch too. So it’s a lovely side dish all year round! 🙂
The flavours are bold but with the cucumber and the tomatoes it’s the perfect balance. The addition of the olives adds a beautiful salty flavour.
This is a great salad when you just want a light dinner or lunch and within the time it takes to grill some protein you have a perfect accompaniment and you don’t have heaps of washing up! 😀
- 1 batch ThermoFun Greek Dressing
- 220g orzo / risoni pasta
- 1200g boiling water from kettle
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half or quarters
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 15 kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Make Greek Dressing and set aside.
- Place simmering basket into TM bowl and weigh in pasta. Add boiling water and cook 8 mins / 100°C / speed 4 / MC off.
- Lift out the basket of cooked pasta and run cold water through it. Drain well and pour into a salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to salad bowl and mix well.
For more decadent & great simple thermomix recipes delivered to your inbox every week become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.