It’s SPRING! WOOO HOOO!!! Winter can now officially go into hibernation …. Yes I was being polite! 😉 I love Spring & Summer catching up with friends at BBQ’s or down by the beach. Most of the time I am delegated the dessert but I am changing things up this Spring. I am bringing this beauty! This thermomix potato, egg and sour cream bake is absolutely delicious!! And I might sneak a dessert or two in as well… well I can’t let my reputation down! 🙂
This is so simple and really a perfect accompaniment to your own at home BBQ’s too – means you get to sit out on the deck/verandah/patio instead of being in the kitchen. I have to admit that I may have just made this one night and forgot about having anything else! It was just nice in a bowl. Albeit the next day I added some shredded chicken.
- 200g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 spring onions, quartered
- 10g olive oil
- 4 rashers short cut bacon, quartered
- 750g potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 300g sour cream
- 125g milk
- 20g (2 Tbsp) ThermoFun French Onion Soup Mix
- 5 eggs
- 800g boiling water from kettle
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 6 sec / speed 6. Set aside.
- Place garlic, spring onions, oil and bacon into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add sour cream, milk and soup mix. Place potatoes in both layers of Varoma and cook 15 mins / 100°C / speed 1/ Reverse.
Pour the cream sauce into a small bowl and set aside.
No need to wash TM bowl.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl and insert simmering basket and place in eggs. Place Varoma with potatoes back into position and cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove simmering basket with spatula. Place eggs into a sink or bowl of cold water to cool down as you peel them. Slice eggs.
- Place a layer of potato into a large rectangle casserole dish, add half sauce and sprinkle with half cheese. Repeat again with another layer of potato, sauce, egg and cheese and bake 20 mins.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.