Christmas has come and gone 🙁 and I made sure I had plenty of Clinker Rocky Road on hand to get me through! But I have to admit I was watching the family at Christmas with this thermomix clinker crackle slice and there was a close race between the two!
Then again I had been playing around with clinkers all year – Clinker Fudge & Clinker Christmas AND we have the old favourites from years past – Clinker Rocky Road Cake & Clinker Ice Cream. – so I may just have them addicted! It’s a good thing all my sweet recipes are diet friendly! 😉
Now for all those that committed to start eating healthy today – This clinker crackle slice is like the “healthy” version of the all time favourite – Chocolate Crackles! It has some healthy nuts, some healthy dried fruits all mixed together with some clickers, chocolate and rice bubbles. 😀 And yes I have on occasion been called an enabler – I don’t understand why though 😀 !
NOTE: It’s easier if all ingredients are pre-weighed for this recipe as they are added quickly to the TM bowl while the blades are moving.
- 140g Clinkers, cut in thirds
- 80g nuts of choice, eg: pecans, almonds, pistachios etc.
- 300g white chocolate melts
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 80g dried fruit, eg: craisins, currants, sultanas etc.
- 25g rice bubbles
- 30g shredded coconut
- Set aside 12 (or more) Clinker pieces to decorate top of slice.
- Line a square tin with baking paper.
- Place nuts into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 5. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and vanilla into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 9.
- Scrape down and melt 4 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Set TM 1 min / 50°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off and while blades are moving, add nuts, dried fruit, rice bubbles, coconut and Clinkers through hole in TM lid.
- With aid of spatula, ensure that mixture is combined well.
- Place mixture into tin. With aid of spatula, gently press down evenly.
- Decorate with set-aside Clinker thirds.
- Refrigerate 30 mins to set.
NOTE: It’s easier if ingredients are pre-weighed for this recipe as they are added quickly to the TM bowl while the blades are moving.
CHRISTMAS Version: Buy 300g of Clinkers - cut all in thirds - eat all the yellow ones while melting chocolate and only use the red and green in the Clinker Crackle Slice!
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.