Christmas has come and gone 🙁 and I made sure I had plenty of Clinker Rocky Road on hand to get me through! But I have to admit I was watching the family at Christmas with this thermomix clinker crackle slice and there was a close race between the two!
Then again I had been playing around with clinkers all year – Clinker Fudge & Clinker Christmas AND we have the old favourites from years past – Clinker Rocky Road Cake & Clinker Ice Cream. – so I may just have them addicted! It’s a good thing all my sweet recipes are diet friendly! 😉
Now for all those that committed to start eating healthy today – This clinker crackle slice is like the “healthy” version of the all time favourite – Chocolate Crackles! It has some healthy nuts, some healthy dried fruits all mixed together with some clickers, chocolate and rice bubbles. 😀 And yes I have on occasion been called an enabler – I don’t understand why though 😀 !
NOTE: It’s easier if all ingredients are pre-weighed for this recipe as they are added quickly to the TM bowl while the blades are moving.
- 140g Clinkers, cut in thirds
- 80g nuts of choice, eg: pecans, almonds, pistachios etc.
- 300g white chocolate melts
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 80g dried fruit, eg: craisins, currants, sultanas etc.
- 25g rice bubbles
- 30g shredded coconut
- Set aside 12 (or more) Clinker pieces to decorate top of slice.
- Line a square tin with baking paper.
- Place nuts into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 5. Set aside.
- Place chocolate and vanilla into TM bowl and chop 10 sec / speed 9.
- Scrape down and melt 4 mins / 50°C / speed 1.
- Set TM 1 min / 50°C / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off and while blades are moving, add nuts, dried fruit, rice bubbles, coconut and Clinkers through hole in TM lid.
- With aid of spatula, ensure that mixture is combined well.
- Place mixture into tin. With aid of spatula, gently press down evenly.
- Decorate with set-aside Clinker thirds.
- Refrigerate 30 mins to set.
NOTE: It’s easier if ingredients are pre-weighed for this recipe as they are added quickly to the TM bowl while the blades are moving.
CHRISTMAS Version: Buy 300g of Clinkers - cut all in thirds - eat all the yellow ones while melting chocolate and only use the red and green in the Clinker Crackle Slice!
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.