As some of you are aware, earlier in the year Steve and I went to America for a prostate cancer conference. Eating American food was certainly a whirlwind in cultures, but they LOVE their pretzels! Everything had pretzels! Well maybe not, but most things did. 😉 So when I tasted a peanut butter and pretzel cookie I was like – Oh wow I must have these on my blog! So here is my thermomix choc chip peanut butter & pretzel cookie.
If you don’t have pretzels or you don’t like them – they can be made without them. These would be great for an after school snack when the kids jump in the car or walk through the door – screaming they are hungry!
Also, considering it’s school holidays – kids (age & skill permitting) can get in the kitchen and whip these up!
If you haven’t seen some of my other Wicked Wednesday recipes that are published on the 3rd Wednesday of the month then here you go: Wicked Wednesday recipes.
Recipe inspired from Hungry Girl Pro Vida
- 80g pretzels + approx. 24 extra
- 100g butter
- 160g peanut butter
- 120g raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ThermoFun Vanilla Bean Paste
- 350g plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 250g milk or dark choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays.
- Place 80g pretzels into TM bowl and lightly chop 3 sec / speed 4. Set aside.
- Add butter, peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla and mix 20 sec / speed 4.
- Add flour, baking powder, bi carb and salt and mix 10 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add chopped pretzel pieces and choc chips and mix 10 sec / speed 5 / Reverse. Scrape down and repeat.
- Firmly roll large golf ball sized balls of dough and space 12 on each baking tray.
- Gently press a pretzel down on each ball, pushing together and smoothing over any major cracks.
- Bake 10-12 mins or until cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Note: these cookies can also be made without the pretzels as a Choc Chip Peanut Butter Cookie.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.