Although we didn’t get to the deep south of our American trip late last year we did get to experience a Jambalaya and I have to say it was a very soul filling food. So it was added to the must remake when home again! I would love to try some different variations on this as well. Here is my thermomix Chicken & Chorizo Jambalaya. I trust you will enjoy as much as I did.
If you’ve never had a Jambalaya before it’s basically a spicy rice dish, filled with chorizo and all different types of vegetables in a tomato sauce. I had originally thought that it was more like a gumbo and had to cook for hours and hours, but after a little google searching – wowsers! quick, simple, cheap and full of flavour! Ticked all the boxes!
I trust that your family will enjoy it just as much as mine have 😀
If you have only joined us you’ll find more great quick recipes here: Mad Monday Collection
Recipe inspired by BBCgoodfood
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 10g olive oil
- 120g chorizo sliced
- 400g can tomatoes, diced
- 250g basmati rice
- 300g chicken thighs, diced
- 20g vegetable stock concentrate
- 400g boiling water
- 1 Tbsp ThermoFun Cajun Spice
- 10g lime juice
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced by hand
- garnish with fresh coriander or parsley
- Place garlic, onion and oil in TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Add chorizo and cook 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / Reverse / MC off.
- Add tomatoes, rice, chicken, stock, boiling water, 1 Tbsp Cajun spice and lime juice and cook 18 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add capsicum and mix with aid of spatula and cook 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Pour into pre-warmed ThermoServer and combine well.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Sunday become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.