I have been so blessed to have so many friends from different cultural backgrounds that are willing to share their family recipes with me. This is absolutely the most lip smacking delicious thermomix chicken and cashew I’ve ever tasted! 🙂
If you enjoy Chicken & Cashew when you’re dining at the local Chinese restaurant you will need to find a new favourite because you will be using this recipe now when you’re in the mood for Chinese cuisine!
This was a new family favourite within the first mouthful at our house! I suspect the same thing will happen at your house!
Thanks goes to Tania for sharing her amazingly delicious family recipe with us all! Happy Chinese New Year to those that celebrate.
To those that follow the Chinese Zodiac – This is the year of the Rooster – the Fire rooster to be exact. A quick google search and you will find information on what’s happening for you if this is your year.
- 350g basmati rice
- 1000g boiling water from kettle
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1x410g tin baby corn, diced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 500g chicken thighs, sliced into large strips
- 40g soy sauce
- 40g oyster sauce
- 30g Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 Tbsp cornflour mixed with a small amount of water
- ½ cup roasted cashew nuts + few more to sprinkle on top
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl. Place rice in simmering basket and rinse under cold tap until water runs clear. Carefully insert basket into TM bowl and cook 10 mins / 100°C / speed 4.
- Place zucchini, carrot, celery, corn and peas into Varoma and place assembled Varoma onto TM lid while rice continues to cook 8 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Keep rice hot in ThermoServer and set vegetables aside in a large serving bowl covered.
- Discard water in TM bowl.
- Place garlic, onion and olive oil into TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 5.
- Add chicken and sauté 5 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add sauce ingredients (excluding cashews) and cook 13 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Add chicken and cashew nuts to the vegetables and combine.
- Sprinkle a few cashews on top to decorate.
Why not check out some of the past years Chinese New Year recipes as well.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.