These crackers were enjoyed by thousands on the June and August 2014 ThermoFun Cook Alongs and the ThermoFun Members Xmas Cook Along and many experimented with many of my spice blends to create new and exciting varieties, shapes and flavours.
These Thermomix crackers are amazing and they remind me very much of a well known commercial brand of savoury biscuit. Be sure to double the recipe (see notes) as these do not last long off the baking trays! Enjoy! 🙂
Click Here for my Rosemary and Parmesan Crackers recipe.
- 100g cheese (of choice), cubed
- 45g butter, cubed softened
- ¼ tsp salt
- 130g plain flour
- 30g water
- Place cheese into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9.
- Add butter and salt and mix 10 sec / speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
- Add flour and mix 30 sec / speed 1.
Add water and mix 40 sec / speed 1.
NB: the mixture will look very crumbly – this is ok! Lay a sheet of cling wrap on your bench – tip the mixture onto the cling wrap and pulling all four corners of the cling wrap up together, squeeze the mixture forming a ball.
- Place ball in fridge approx. 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and unwrap. Roll on a clean-floured surface (or between 2 sheets of baking paper) until ½ cm thick. Use shape cutters or MC to cut small biscuit shapes out of the dough and place them on baking trays.
Prick each biscuit with a fork and bake 15 mins or until golden brown.
NB: depending on your oven you may need to set the timer at 10 mins to check if cooked, as ovens vary. Biscuits will crisp up on cooling.
* Cheese grates better if either partially frozen or straight from the fridge.
* For variety, try using different cheeses, spices, seasonings, herbs and powdered flavourings.
* This recipe can be doubled, wrap mixture in two balls and refrigerate as it makes for easier rolling when the time comes.
* Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days... if they last that long!
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.