This thermomix cajun creamed corn recipe is one that will have you sitting down saying to yourself after every mouthful, ‘Oh My! Oh My’! Maybe not like Meg Ryan in “When Harry Met Sally”, but it is a great flavoursome dish. 🙂
If you need to make it a little more simple for people who don’t or can’t eat a lot of spices, then just omit the Cajun spice and the chilli flakes. Now whilst the chilli flakes are optional, they really add that little bite to the otherwise smooth texture of the creamed corn.
We had this as a quick meal, (when you don’t want to eat but know you have to), another time it was a vegetable side, a toasted jaffle, I’ve even reheated and had as a dip and if you’re feeling adventurous top on toast with some crispy bacon!
- 550g fresh sweet corn kernels, divided (approx. 4 large cobs)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 20g butter
- 240g cream
- 1 Tbsp ThermoFun Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional - but really makes it!)
- Place 150g corn kernels and garlic into TM bowl and purée 10 sec / speed 6. Scrape down.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 14 mins / 100°C / speed 2 / Reverse.
For other “Mad Monday” recipes Click Here
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.