This thermomix Bourbon Street Prawns dish is inspired from our last trip to America. We thoroughly enjoyed dining on some amazing food. We stopped into a little restaurant and Bourbon Street Shrimp was on the menu and at the time I hadn’t had any seafood on this trip – chocolate yes, lots of chocolate! – but no seafood, so I decided that I would give this dish a go.
It was seriously delicious and so light which was not what I was expecting. It was like a prawn Alfredo/carbonara with a decent kick! It was one in the book to recreate when I got home! 🙂
I finally found a recipe that all but matched the dish at Food.com
Looking for more delicious and quick dinners? Then make sure you get a copy of my Meals in a Jiffy cookbook with 35 dinner recipes that can be on the table in approx. 30 minutes!
- 60g parmesan cheese, cubed
- 400g fettuccini
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 20g olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Spice Mix
- 60g white wine
- 300g cream
- 200g tomatoes, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 500g medium prawns, raw, peeled
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- Place parmesan into TM bowl and grate 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in TM bowl as per EDC/BCB instructions and set aside in ThermoServer.
- Place onion, garlic and oil into TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5.
- Scrape down and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add Cajun spice, wine, cream, tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook 4 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add prawns and cheese and cook 4 mins / 100°C / speed 1 / Reverse.
- Serve prawns over cooked fettuccine and garnish with parsley.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.