It might sound unusual but it’s hearty and tastes great.
A fun way to introduce soup to the kids or to those who don’t think of soup as a ‘meal’.
Note: This makes 2 litres of soup! If you are wanting to add more carrots and potatoes you can do so – but you will need to cook the mince in the varoma rather than the simmering basket. This soup is a meal in itself. 🙂
This thermomix soup was enjoyed by many on the ThermoFun Cook Along June 2014 and May 2015.
- 300g bacon, short cut, quartered
- 120g cheddar cheese, cubed
- 500g beef mince
- 100g carrots, quartered
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20g olive oil
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp oregano, ground
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried
- 20g TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 450g boiling water from kettle
- 350g potatoes, peeled and diced
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- 100g cream
- 200g milk
- 60g sour cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Pre heat oven to 180°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Place each slice of bacon on tray and bake 20 mins until crisp and dry.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and allow to cool.
- Place cheese in TM bowl and grate 6 sec / speed 8. Set aside.
- Place cooked bacon in TM bowl and chop 2 sec / speed 8. Set aside.
- If you are mincing your meat do it at this step. Set aside.
- Add carrots, onion and oil and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add basil, cumin, oregano, and rosemary and sauté 5 mins / Varoma / speed 1 / MC off.
- Add stock, boiling water, potatoes and pepper in TM bowl.
- Insert simmering basket in TM bowl and add mince. Cook 15 mins / Varoma / speed soft (spoon symbol).
- Break up mince with aid of spatula and cook for a further 5 mins / Varoma / speed soft.
- Tip mince into TM bowl and mix 1 min / Varoma / speed soft / Reverse.
- Add cheese, cream and milk in TM bowl and cook 3 mins / Varoma / speed soft / Reverse.
- Stir in bacon and sour cream with your spatula (reserve a little of each for garnish).
- To serve, pour into bowls and garnish with sour cream, bacon and parsley.
For more decadent recipes delivered to your inbox every Monday make sure you become a ThermoFun Club Member.
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.