Tis the new year and new year resolutions (mine is to do 3 things each day – do something for my health, do something for my happiness and do something for my wealth) so this recipe is for my health! 😀 This thermomix asian brown rice and sesame salad is the perfect accompaniment to your grilled freshly caught fish that you caught off the tropical island with its beautiful summer days …. or some fish that you got from the local fisherman/supermarket! 😀
It is actually a really simple meal and can be paired with some shredded chicken as well if you want a lovely salad to take to work. You could also steam some chicken with the asian dressing or use as a marinade and grill some chicken.
This recipe was featured back in 2014 with one of the first cook alongs that I hosted. WOW what a memory! 4 years ago!!! Here is the recipe (which has also been updated) Asian Steamed Fish – but as I mentioned above it would be great with some chicken or just as a salad on its own.
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 60g fresh orange juice (approx. 1 orange)
- 20g soy sauce
- 20g maple syrup
- 20g rice wine vinegar
- 15g sesame oil
- pinch of pepper
- 250g brown rice
- 1400g boiling water from kettle
- large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- large handful parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced finely
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- Place sesame seeds into a dry frypan and toast until golden, set aside in a small bowl.
- Place remaining dressing ingredients into TM bowl and combine 10 sec / speed 4. Pour the dressing in with the sesame seeds and set aside.
- Weigh rice in simmering basket and rinse under water.
- Pour boiling water into TM bowl and carefully lower basket into TM bowl and cook 30 mins / Varoma / speed 2.
- Rinse rice under cold tap to cool and drain well. Then tip the rice into a salad bowl.
Add the Asian Sesame Dressing, coriander, parsley, spring onions and almonds and mix well.
NB: It may seem like a lot of dressing but the rice will quickly absorb it.
For more great recipes delivered to your inbox become a ThermoFun Club Member today!
Click Here for more great recipes in a number of e-cookbooks – containing recipes to suit everyone.
If you have enjoyed this recipe then please consider leaving a comment. It’s always refreshing to see comments from people that have tried a recipe and found it a success or tweaked it to suit.